By using anyof the Services, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
2. Data That We Collect and Receive
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect data from you or from other sources. This “data” may be information that you directly provide to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Services, or information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device. The categories of other sources from which we collect personal data include our affiliates, partners, vendors, data brokers and public sources.
The data we collect consists of personal identifiers, commercial information, Internet/other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, characteristics of protected classifications, and inferences drawn from this information. More specifically, the data we collect includes:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
- User credentials, such as username, password, password hints and similar security information used to create an account and authenticate users of the Services.
- Protected classifications and demographic data, such as age, gender, country and language preference.
- Payment data, such as credit card information and billing address.
- Device data, such as type of device, operating system and other software installed on the device, device settings, IP address, device identifiers and error reports.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the programs and features you access, emails you open, , content you engage with, and the timing, frequency and duration of your interactions through the Services.
- Location data, such as IP addresses received from your device.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained or considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Information about your interests and preferences, including inferences, such as your favorite sports and players, your home city or your communications preferences. In addition to what you provide directly, we infer your interests and preferences from other data we collect, such as the content and advertisements you interact with while using the Services.
- Third party integrations and social media. If you connect your use of the Services through a third party service (e.g., a social media platform), the third party may share certain information from your third party account with us.
- Communications, such as from the communications you send to us, such as customer service inquiries, product reviews and other feedback regarding the Services.
- Other third party data, consisting of the categories above, collected from third-party sources outside of the Services, such as data from our affiliates, partners or vendors, data brokers or public sources.
3. How We Use Data
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
Operating our business. We use the data we collect to operate our business, including providing, tailoring, and improving the Services. Specifically:
- To create and maintain accounts, as well as process your registration with our Services.
- To fulfill transactions that you request.
- To deliver location-based Services and comply with territorial restrictions.
- To diagnose and fix problems with the Services and providing other customer support services.
- To personalize the fan experience on DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA ’s owned and operated platforms to better understand fan preferences as well as to enhance and personalize fan experiences and enjoyment when using the Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so.
- For analytical purposes to better understand our customers and how they use the Services, which allows us to continually improve and expand the Services.
- To build predictive models, which allow us to tailor the Services based on the data we have about how our customers use the Services, as well as to tailor our marketing and advertising efforts.
Communicating with you. We use the data we collect to communicate with you, including responding to your requests or inquiries. Specifically:
- To respond to your request if you contact us with a question or concern.
- To provide information about your account, your use of the Services or other transactions that you request.
- To deliver personalized news, updates and other types of communications, according to your subscriptions, alerts and other preferences.
Marketing and advertising. We use the data we collect for marketing or advertising purposes, on behalf of ourselves, as well as our partners and other parties who advertise on the Services. Specifically:
- To send you promotional messages and deliver advertisements about products, tickets, services, programs or events that may be of interest to you. These may be offered by, or on behalf of, DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA, or by our partners and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. The promotional messages and advertisements that you see may be determined by data that we collect or receive about you, such as your demographic data, location data, usage data, interests and preferences. We refer to this as “interest-based advertising”.
- To conduct internal and market research, identify usage trends, and determine the effectiveness of marketing and advertising campaigns.
Security, compliance and enforcement. We use the data we collect for security, legal, regulatory, compliance and enforcement purposes. Specifically:
- To protect the safety and security of our customers and our Services.
- To detect and prevent abuse, fraud or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
- To resolve disputes.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- To enforce our agreements, including our policies and terms of service that govern your use of the Services.
We may also use your data in any other manner as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent. Please also note that this Policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with aggregated, pseudonymized or anonymized data. We may also merge, co-mingle, or otherwise combine data about you, including personal information, in furtherance of the uses above.
4. How We Share and Disclose Data
There are times when the data we collect may be shared by DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA. We share your data for the following purposes:
Providing the Services. We sometimes engage or partner with other companies to operate the Services or perform certain functions on our behalf – for example, maintaining and enhancing our fan databases, delivering messages and advertising, operating our websites and digital platforms. We may provide these companies with access to your data as needed for them to perform these functions in a manner consistent with this Policy.
With Partners and Third Parties. We may share your information with certain business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional and other materials that may be of interest to you. We share personal data with partners and third parties as part of marketing and advertising on and off of the Services. We may use third-parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across websites.
Among DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA . We may share personal data among the companies within DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA to provide and improve the Services, to build predictive models to better understand our customers, to send promotional messages and advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to you, and for other purposes consistent with this Policy.
As part of a change in business structure. In the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar event, or in contemplation of such an event (e.g., due diligence), your data may be among the transferred assets.
When necessary under certain circumstances. We may disclose your personal data when we believe that disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process.
- Protect the safety and security of our customers or our Services.
- Prevent fraud, abuse or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
- Protect the rights or property of us or third parties, including enforcing the terms of our agreements.
We may also share your data for any other purpose as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent. Please note that this Policy is not intended to limit our ability to share or disclose aggregated, pseudonymized or anonymized data.
5. What Choices You Have
You have many choices about how we collect, use and share your data.
Communications choices. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional messages from DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA and which types of messages you wish to receive. If you receive promotional messages from us and would like to opt out, you may do so by following instructions within those messages. Please note that these preferences do not apply to informational or transactional communications regarding the Services or other communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Cookies are small text files that are unique to your device or browser. They can either be session-based (i.e., lasting only while your browser is open and automatically deleted when you close your browser) or persistent (i.e., lasting until you delete them or they expire).
- Locally stored objects. Locally stored objects (“LSOs”), also commonly called “Flash cookies,” are stored on your device or browser to provide Services that use Adobe Flash technology.
- Web beacons.“Web beacons” or clear GIFs are small pieces of code placed on a Service to collect data about users of that Service.
- Software development kits.Mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) are bits of computer code used by mobile app developers to enable or enhance various features of a mobile app. For example, an app developer may include an SDK within a mobile app that enables advertisements to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed in connection with the mobile app.
We use Tracking Technologies for the following purposes:
- Sign-in/authentication. When you sign into your account to use the Services, we use Tracking Technologies to store your sign-in information. This allows the Services to remember your user preferences and give you a more tailored experience based on those preferences. It also allows you to use the Services without having to sign-in on each page or each time you return.
- We use Tracking Technologies to help detect fraud and abuse of the Services, including attempts to access the Services without authorization.
- We use Tracking Technologies to gather usage and performance data about the Services, including counting the number of unique visitors to a particular Service.
- We use Tracking Technologies to track how many users have seen or clicked on an advertisement. This allows us to learn which advertising campaigns are most effective and also to help limit the number of times a user is shown the same advertisement.
- Interest-based advertising. We use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your interests so that we can deliver advertising that is most relevant to your interests.
- Tailoring the Services. We use Tracking Technologies to collect information about how you use the Services so that we can tailor your experience based on what is most relevant to your interests.
In some cases, we may work with third parties (for example, third party operators of the Services) to synchronize our unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with Tracking Technologies) with the third party’s own identifiers. This enables us to better achieve each of the purposes described above.
Managing Tracking Technologies. Most web browsers give you the ability to manage Tracking Technologies used on a website, including blocking or deleting them. Please note that if you choose to block Tracking Technologies, you may not be able to use certain features that depend on those Tracking Technologies (such as keeping you signed in or remembering your preferences). If you choose to delete Tracking Technologies, any settings and preferences that were associated with those Tracking Technologies will also be deleted and may need to be reset.
You also have the following options to manage Tracking Technologies and opt out of interest-based advertising:
- For Flash cookies, you can access Flash management tools from Adobe’s website. In addition, some, but not all, browsers provide the ability to remove LSOs within cookie and privacy settings.
- You may opt out of interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) by visiting their website.
- You may opt out of interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting their website.
- You may opt out of Nielsen proprietary measurement software, which will allow users to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen TV Ratings, by visiting their website.
- You may opt out of WarnerMedia News & Sports’ collection, use, and transfer of data for interest-based advertising by visiting the WarnerMedia targeted advertising opt out pagewithin the WarnerMedia Privacy Center. Please note that if you opt out there, WarnerMedia News & Sports will continue to collect data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising from WarnerMedia News & Sports based on your activities on the Services.
- Finally, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising by adjusting your device or browser settings.
Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will stop seeing, or see fewer, advertisements. It does, however, mean that the advertisements you do see will not be interest-based and may be less relevant to your interests.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features that send an automated signal to the websites that you visit using that browser. At this time, the Services do not recognize or respond to these signals. However, you can adjust your preferences regarding the data we collect using the tools and methods described above.
6. Security of Data
DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA takes security seriously. We take a number of steps to protect your data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the data we collect and use, as well as the current state of technology. This includes, for example, storing your data on systems that have limited access and are maintained in controlled facilities. We also use, and require our vendors to use, industry standard security protocols when processing any payments for your use of the Services.
It is important to remember that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you help us keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps such as keeping your passwords private and not disclosing sensitive personal data in places that can be accessed publicly.
7. Third Party Sites and Sections
We work with a number of third parties to operate the Services. When we engage third parties in connection with operating the Services, those third parties may only collect, use or access your data as needed for them to perform these functions.
These third parties are only authorized to use your data as permitted under this Policy, or as disclosed to you at the time your data is collected. Please note, however, that these third parties may supplement data collected or received in connection with the Services with data they collect or receive through other websites, platforms and services, in accordance with the policies and disclosures posted on those websites, platforms and services.
The Services may also contain links to, or integrations with, other websites, platforms or services that are not operated or controlled by DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA (each a “Third Party Site,” and collectively, the “Third Party Sites”). Please note that this Policy does not apply to those Third Party Sites. For more information on how those Third Party Sites collect, use and share data, we suggest that you contact the operators of those Third Party Sites directly.
8. Children and Parents
Although there are DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA customers of all ages, the Services are not directed at children under the age of 16, and our policy is to not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13, nor to sell personal data of individuals under the age of 16. We encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children’s online behavior, put parental control tools in place, and teach children not to provide their personal data through the Services without parental consent. For certain activities in which children are allowed to participate, any request for personal data (such as registration data) is intended for and directed to the parent or legal guardian.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us without parental consent, please contact us using any of the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy, and we will endeavor to delete that data from our systems.
9. Storing Data
Personal data collected by DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA may be stored and processed in the region in which it is collected, in the United States, and in any other region where we maintain major operations. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this Policy is stored and processed in accordance with this Policy regardless of where the data is located. By providing personal data in connection with the Services, you acknowledge and agree that such personal data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA and our authorized third party service providers located in the United States. Our practice when transferring personal data is to rely on standard data protection contract clauses or individual consent.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other necessary purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these factors vary for different types of personal data, actual retention periods may vary.
10. California Privacy Rights
- The categories of personal information we collect about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collect about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed in the prior twelve months.
- If we sold your personal information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of personal information we have sold in the prior twelve months.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information. In some circumstances we may not be able to honor your request for deletion – for example, if we need to hold on to your information to protect the security or functionality of our operations, to service your account, or to comply with legal obligations.
To ask for a record of the information we hold about you, or to ask us to delete your information, please visit us at https://www.digitalseat.com/more/client-support/ or call us at (817)-744-7444. You must provide enough information that we can verify who you are and that you are a California resident. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requester’s identity and authority to make the request.
You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time.
You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make any of these requests under the CCPA on your behalf. We will not deny services, charge different prices, offer a different quality of service or otherwise discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our business, the Services, or our practices and procedures. If we do make changes, we will post any changes on this page and indicate the date on which the Policy was last revised. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically, especially before you provide personal data directly to us through the Services. Your continued use of the Services after any changes to this Policy are in effect constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy.
12. How to Contact Us
Although we strive to make this Policy as comprehensive as possible, we know you may still have questions or concerns about how we collect, use and share data. If you have a question, concern or complaint regarding our data privacy practices, you may contact us by any of the following methods:
- By writing to us at 916 Bryan Ave, #204, Fort Worth, TX 76104, Attn: DIGITAL SEAT MEDIA Fan Relations;
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By calling us at (817)-744-7444